By Shai M. J. Haran
In this quantity the writer additional develops his philosophy of quantum interpolation among the genuine numbers and the p-adic numbers. The p-adic numbers include the p-adic integers Zpwhich are the inverse restrict of the finite jewelry Z/pn. this offers upward thrust to a tree, and chance measures w on Zp correspond to Markov chains in this tree. From the tree constitution one obtains distinct foundation for the Hilbert area L2(Zp,w). the true analogue of the p-adic integers is the period [-1,1], and a chance degree w on it provides upward thrust to a distinct foundation for L2([-1,1],w) - the orthogonal polynomials, and to a Markov chain on "finite approximations" of [-1,1]. For targeted (gamma and beta) measures there's a "quantum" or "q-analogue" Markov chain, and a distinct foundation, that inside of convinced limits yield the true and the p-adic theories. this concept might be generalized variously. In illustration idea, it's the quantum normal linear crew GLn(q)that interpolates among the p-adic staff GLn(Zp), and among its genuine (and advanced) analogue -the orthogonal On (and unitary Un )groups. there's a related quantum interpolation among the genuine and p-adic Fourier remodel and among the true and p-adic (local unramified a part of) Tate thesis, and Weil specific sums.
Read or Download Arithmetical Investigations: Representation Theory, Orthogonal Polynomials, and Quantum Interpolations PDF
Similar quantum physics books
This publication describes manifestations of classical dynamics and chaos within the quantum homes of mesoscopic structures. over the past 20 years mesoscopic physics has developed right into a quickly progressing and fascinating interdisciplinary box of physics. the 1st a part of the ebook bargains with integrable and chaotic classical dynamics with specific emphasis at the semiclassical description of spectral correlations, thermodynamic houses and linear reaction services.
- Quantum Gauge Theories: A True Ghost Story
- Complementarity and the Copenhagen Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics
- A handbook of terms used in chaos and quantum chaos
- Electron Production Mechanisms in Heavy Ion-Atom Collisions
- Conformal Quantum Field Theory in D-dimensions (Mathematics and Its Applications)
Additional resources for Arithmetical Investigations: Representation Theory, Orthogonal Polynomials, and Quantum Interpolations
4. 1 Quotients Zp /Z∗p and P1 (Qp )/Z∗p Zp 23 The action of the unit group Z∗p on the projective line P1 (Zp ) is given by P1 (Zp ) × Z∗p ((x : y), a) −→ (ax : y) = (x : a−1 y) ∈ P1 (Zp ). Similarly, the tree corresponding to the quotient P1 (Zp )/Z∗p can be obtained as the case of Zp /Z∗p . Further the group P GL2 (Zp ) also acts on P1 (Zp ) as follows; P1 (Zp ) × P GL2 (Zp ) ab ) −→ (ax + cy : bx + dy) ∈ P1 (Zp ). cd ((x : y), Then it is easy to see that the stabilizer group Stab(0) of 0 = (1 : 0) is given by Stab(0) = 10 cd ∈ P GL(Zp ) c ∈ Zp , d ∈ Z∗p .
8) Then we have (X + Y )N = 0≤k≤N N k Y N −k X k . q One can prove this formula by a simple induction on N .
If P f = f , we call f a harmonic function and µ is a measure supported only on the boundary ∂X. The set Harm(X) of all harmonic functions on X is divided as Harm(X) = Harm(X)ext Harm(X)non-ext and the boundary ∂X also decomposes as ∂X = ∂Xext ∂Xnon-ext . 34 2 Markov Chains Here a point y ∈ ∂X is called extream if Kδy = K(x, y) is extream harmonic function. Then there is one-to-one correspondence between the probability measures on ∂Xext and the harmonic functions on X. 1 Probability Measures on ∂X Let X be a tree and x0 ∈ X the root.