By Brett W. Lear
Programming is a crucial technique of not just drawing new humans to the library but additionally greater serving current consumers. Lear s necessary consultant to grownup courses is back---and higher than ever, with refreshed, elevated content material and new principles to reinvigorate courses and provides them a 21st-century spin. This version includes
- Updated chapters on fundamentals resembling investment, crafting directions, subject choice, exposure, post-program reviews, and more
- A new part on know-how, with rules for on-line booklet discussions, supplying courses through Skype, and turning courses into podcasts
- Methods for tailoring courses for particular teams, reminiscent of males, child boomers, and seniors
- A choice of "five-star" courses from libraries round the nation that may be simply adapted
Walking the reader via each point of grownup programming, this re-creation of a tried-and-true booklet is actually a librarian s ally.
Read or Download Adult Programs in the Library PDF
Best library & information science books
Info literacy evaluation applies to a couple of contexts within the better schooling area: institutional curricula, details literacy courses, info literacy classes, course-integrated details literacy guideline, and stand-alone info literacy workshops and on-line tutorials.
What child would not love literary explorations of the pungent, creepy, and soiled? Throw in rats, witches, extraterrestrial beings, and lingerie, and it really is impossible to resist. but few tale instances are designed for ordinary tuition little ones, who're cause on keeping apart themselves from more youthful siblings. Why aren't there extra occasions for those children?
Hand them this easy-to-use, accomplished consultant to getting to know a hundred renowned examine papers, and highschool scholars gets off on track on their examine papers. Designed through a reference and younger grownup librarian to be used in her library, this consultant saves either pupil and librarian time and is a shortcut to potent study.
Is your library so engaged in preserving present with expertise that it has neglected bringing the humanities into the neighborhood? Collaboration with group arts organisations could be a key think about the luck of cultural programming in libraries. find out about noteworthy and profitable courses serving various groups and populations, to get principles to your personal surroundings.
- Reading and Writing the Electronic Book (Synthesis Lectures on Information Concepts, Retrieval, and S)
- Museums After Modernism: Strategies of Engagement (New Interventions in Art History)
- Crimes of Writing: Problems in the Containment of Representation
- From the Page to the Stage: The Educator's Complete Guide to Readers Theatre
- Introduction to Webometrics: Quantitative Web Research for the Social Sciences (Synthesis Lectures on Information Concepts, Retrieval, and S)
Extra info for Adult Programs in the Library
2/9/00–4/12/00 1:00 GN Tues. 2/1/00–4/1/00 6:30 LK Mon. 2/3/00–4/13/00 6:30 & Thurs. 2/3/00–4/13/00 12:00 SL Mon. 2/4/00–4/14/00 10:30 & 5:00 & Fri. 2/4/00–4/14/00 10:30 & Sat. 2/4/00–4/14/00 10:30 VI Wed. 2/4/00–4/12/00 12:30 EV 2/22/00 2-7:00 CF 1/15/00 1:00 CL 1/20/00 7:00 GN 1/27/00 7:30 VI 2/1/00 7:00 SL 2/8/00 7:00 LK 2/29/00 7:00 DATE(S) AND LOCATION Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y MEETING ROOM CONFIRMED Answering the Tough Questions As you continue to offer programs, you will encounter more and more questions that need answers.
You can learn something about why people attend programs by noting which programs are well attended. Do your patrons flock to programs that teach them about herbal medicine or computers or health care? Do others appreciate your ability to bring big-name authors and artists into their library? Does your evaluation form ask people if they regularly use the library? Do you get the sense that your audiences view your library as a community center and attend programs here rather than attending a local organization that offers similar programs?
In the bottom, left-hand corner labeled “certificate holder,” you can see that John has included the library as an additional insured. Contracts You will want to provide a written agreement—a contract—to the performer. The most important thing about a contract is making sure that you have one. A sample contract is included in chapter 8. Have an attorney look over your contract before you put it into use. Let your attorney also look at your programming policy. This will help the attorney see what you are trying to accomplish with your contract.